Terms and conditions
Overdues, fees and charges
- Overdue notices will be issued for items not returned by the due date
- The first overdue notice will be issued 14 days after the due date. A final overdue notice will be issued 28 days after the due date
- State Library reserves the right to suspend borrowing privileges until all overdue items are returned
- Items will be considered lost if not returned within 42 days of the due date and an invoice will be issued. The borrower is required to pay a replacement fee, plus an administration fee
- The replacement fee will be the actual cost of replacing the item. If the item is out of print, the replacement fee will be based on the cost of a second hand copy, or the cost as determined by State Library.
- The administration fee referred to above is $40 for all item categories. The fee is payable if an invoice is generated, regardless of whether the item is returned.
- State Library will suspend the borrowing privileges of the registered borrower until payment for the replacement and administration fee is received.
Conditions of use - maintaining the condition of items
- If a borrowed item is returned with damage to pages, book structure, binding or in a contaminated or wet state, the registered borrower will be required to:
a) meet the cost of repairing the damaged item, OR
b) meet the cost of replacing the damaged item.
- An invoice to cover the cost of repair or replacement will be forwarded to the borrower. An administration fee of $40 will be included
- State Library reserves the right to suspend the borrowing privileges of the registered borrower until payment for repair or replacement is received
- Parents and guardians are responsible for their children’s selection and use of collection items.