Borrowing at State Library
Where can I borrow? | How many items can I borrow? | How do I reserve an item on loan? | How long can I borrow? | How can I renew my loans? | Where do I return my loans? | Unable to visit the State Library?
To borrow you must be a Queensland resident and have SLQ membership. Not a member?Join now
To upgrade your membership to include borrowing privileges, visit us and present:
- Queensland drivers licence with current address OR
- Two (2) forms of identification, at least one of which must include your name and current Queensland residential address
For members 15 years and younger, a parent/guardian declaration is also required before applicants may borrow or use our onsite computers. Download a copy of the parent/guardian consent form (PDF 65.5 KB).
You may borrow items at the Level 2 or 3 Information Desk.
You may borrow a maximum of 10 items.
Login to One Search and locate the item you would like to borrow:
- Select Locations/Request tab
- Select Request
- Choose your pickup location; SLQ or My Public Library. When choosing My Public Library please include your nominated Queensland public library in the comments field
- Select Request to submit
You will receive an email when the item is ready for pickup at SLQ, or has been sent to your nominated Queensland public library.
Items for pickup at SLQ will be placed on the Level 3 collection point for 3 days.
Most items may be borrowed for 4 weeks.
Music performance sets may be borrowed for 3 months.
You may renew your loans in the following ways:
- online by logging in to One Search My Account
- at the Level 2 and 3 Information Desks
- phone +61 7 3840 7850 (Mon-Fri 9.00-5.00)
- email email@example.com (please provide your name and SLQ membership username or SLQ library barcode number)
Renewals may be granted if the item is not reserved for another client. Items reserved will not be renewed and are to be returned by the due date.
Loans are to be returned to the State Library.
Loans can be returned during opening hours to the Welcome Desk or the Level 3 Information Desk.
If you are unable to return your loans during opening hours you can post your returns to:
State Library of Queensland
PO Box 3488
SOUTH BRISBANE Q 4101
If you are unable to visit the State Library why not use our Request a loan (send to My Public Library) service.