State Library of Queensland’s Business Studio is a useful resource to support entrepreneurs and start-ups to make their innovative business ideas a reality. Conveniently housed in one central location onsite at State Library you can use the space as your office away from home and network with likeminded people.
Business Studio membership
Business Studio membership allows members access to the following services and resources:
- Exclusive access to business-grade wi-fi
- Bookable powered individual workstations in the Business Studio
- Expert advice and mentoring through our Entrepreneur in Residence partnership
- Bookable group work spaces in the Business Studio
- Access to librarian support in the Business Studio
- Free access to a range of business databases and online resources to help you with your business
- Borrowing from the Business Studio collections
Become a member
Business Studio membership is available to current State Library members by visiting our friendly staff in the Studio on level 1.
Not yet an State Library member? Then register online on our membership page prior to visiting the Business Studio to access the resources on offer.
For more information about Business Studio membership, contact the Business Studio at BusinessStudio@slq.qld.gov.au or 3840 7666.
Business Studio Online Hub
The Business Studio Online Hub features a wide range of online material, checklists and government toolkits that can help you develop and grow your business from concept to reality. Explore the Business Studio Online Hub today to discover the following resources and much more:
When you start a business
- Registrations and licenses
- Protecting intellectual property
- Home-based / online business solutions
- Tax obligations
- Legal requirements
- Standards and codes of practice
- Record keeping and accounting systems
- Corporate governance
- Employing staff
- Grants and financial assistance
Buying a business
- Buying an established business
Running your business
- Ongoing employer obligations
- Workplace health and safety
- Exporting and importing
- Preparing for an emergency
Monday to Friday, 9am–5pm. Closed on public holidays.
Need research support? Ask Us
Keep up-to-date online
Follow the Business Studio conversation online on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram with #slqbusiness