SLQ’s Business Studio is a useful resource to support entrepreneurs and start-ups to make their innovative business ideas a reality.
Conveniently housed in one central location onsite at SLQ and with an online hub, discover a range of resources to assist in your business planning and research. Use the space as your office away from home to find the latest industry news and tips, and network with likeminded people.
Keep up-to-date online
Follow the Business Studio conversation online on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram with #slqbusiness
View business resources online.
Business Studio membership allows members access to the following services and resources:
- Bookable workstations
Powered single workstations and Group stations for 2 – 4 people can be booked (Group tables don’t have power facilities)
- Exclusive Business Studio wi-fi
Use your Business Studio membership to log onto the Dedicated wi-fi service
- Access and borrow business resources
Want to take home some of SLQ’s great business resources? Once you become a Business Studio member you can borrow a range of items from the Business Studio reception
- Attend special workshops and mentoring sessions
Become a member
Business Studio membership is available to current SLQ members by visiting our friendly staff in the Studio on level 1.
Not yet an SLQ member? Then register online on our membership page prior to visiting the Business Studio to access the resources on offer.
For more information about Business Studio membership, contact the Business Studio at BusinessStudio@slq.qld.gov.au or 3840 7171.
Who can benefit from a Business Studio membership?
The Business Studio can provide support and services in a number of business related areas for example:
Before you start a business
- Business checklists
- Where to find advice and support
- Obtaining finance
When you start a business
- Registrations and licenses
- Protecting intellectual property
- Home-based / online business solutions
- Tax obligations
- Legal requirements
- Standards and codes of practice
- Record keeping and accounting systems
- Corporate governance
- Employing staff
- Grants and financial assistance
Buying a business
- Buying an established business
Running your business
- Ongoing employer obligations
- Workplace health and safety
- Exporting and importing
- Preparing for an emergency
Business Studio Platinum Membership
As a Business Studio Platinum Member you'll receive six months of access to a wide range of benefits including:
- Exclusive use of the Business Studio to host one workshop, event or collaborative session*.
- Six hours of priority research assistance from SLQ staff.
- Opportunity to present a Business Studio Lunch Box Forum.
- Four guaranteed places to a Queensland Business Leaders Hall of Fame Game Changers event with Queensland business leaders and entrepreneurs.
- Discounted hire of other SLQ venues.
Workstations and group spaces can be booked by Business Studio members.
Reserve a space now, book a workstation or group space.
If you are not already a member, please register online.
For more information, please contact BusinessStudio@slq.qld.gov.au or call 3842 9929.
Monday to Friday, 9am–5pm. Closed on public holidays.
Hear from inspiring entrepreneurs and business leaders as they share their insight and learnings on a variety of business related topics.
Conveniently scheduled over your lunch break, these sessions will occur every second Wednesday between 12.30pm -1.15pm and consist of a 30 minute presentation followed by 15 minutes for Q&A.
Bring along your lunch or grab a bite to eat from the Library Cafe on your way.
Upcoming Lunch Box Forums
Business Studio, level 1, State Library. 9th May 2018, 12:30pm
In this fortnight's lunch box forum, Tom Allen will share global insights into design thinking and social innovation to help social entrepreneurs turn problems into sustainable opportunities.
Business Studio, level 1, State Library. 23rd May 2018, 12:30pm
In this lunch box forum, hear from Janine Lee as she discusses the art of having a conversation about your business.
Business Studio, level 1, State Library. 6th Jun 2018, 12pm
Hear from physiotherapist and safety consultant Leanne Loch with some practical strategies to manage and prevent workplace injury.