State Library of Queensland’s Business Studio is a useful resource to support entrepreneurs and start-ups to make their innovative business ideas a reality. Conveniently housed in one central location onsite at State Library you can use the space as your office away from home and network with likeminded people.
Business Studio membership
Business Studio membership allows members access to the following services and resources:
- Exclusive access to business-grade wi-fi
- Bookable powered individual workstations in the Business Studio
- Expert advice and mentoring through our Entrepreneur in Residence partnership
- Bookable group work spaces in the Business Studio
- Access to librarian support in the Business Studio
- Lunchbox forums that cover a variety of business related topics
- Free access to a range of business databases and online resources to help you with your business
- Borrowing from the Business Studio collections
Become a member
Business Studio membership is available to current State Library members by visiting our friendly staff in the Studio on level 1.
Not yet an State Library member? Then register online on our membership page prior to visiting the Business Studio to access the resources on offer.
For more information about Business Studio membership, contact the Business Studio at BusinessStudio@slq.qld.gov.au or 3840 7666.
Business Studio Online Hub
The Business Studio Online Hub features a wide range of online material, checklists and government toolkits that can help you develop and grow your business from concept to reality. Explore the Business Studio Online Hub today to discover the following resources and much more:
When you start a business
- Registrations and licenses
- Protecting intellectual property
- Home-based / online business solutions
- Tax obligations
- Legal requirements
- Standards and codes of practice
- Record keeping and accounting systems
- Corporate governance
- Employing staff
- Grants and financial assistance
Buying a business
- Buying an established business
Running your business
- Ongoing employer obligations
- Workplace health and safety
- Exporting and importing
- Preparing for an emergency
Monday to Friday, 9am–5pm. Closed on public holidays.
Need research support? Ask Us
Keep up-to-date online
Follow the Business Studio conversation online on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram with #slqbusiness
Hear from inspiring entrepreneurs and business leaders as they share their insight and learnings on a variety of business related topics.
Conveniently scheduled over your lunch break, these sessions will occur every second Wednesday between 12.30pm -1.15pm and consist of a 30 minute presentation followed by 15 minutes for Q&A.
Bring along your lunch or grab a bite to eat from the Library Cafe on your way.
Upcoming Lunch Box Forums
Business Studio, level 1, State Library. 10th Oct 2018, 12:30pm
Learn from Christine Mudavanhu-Makumbe about best-practice risk mitigation strategies, based on her insights from working in the migrant business sector.
Business Studio, level 1, State Library. 7th Nov 2018, 12:30pm
Julie Hillier, founder of Ministry of Handmade, will outline how she successfully built a business, as well as a community, through a personality-driven, organic approach to growth.