The State Library of Queensland provides a document supply service for individuals to:
- order copies from the State Library collection
- access items held in other Australian or overseas libraries.
Formats not available for copy through this service can be requested through our Image Orders service.
Please see our Interlibrary Loans information for how to request from the State Library.
Please request items using our Document Supply form
The service can be provided at several levels. Standard Australian Interlibrary Resource Sharing Code (ILRS) charges apply to all items.
For standard requests (shipped within 4 working days). Please note that supply could take between one to three weeks for loans coming from other libraries due to transit time. This service will cost:
- A$16.50 for articles up to 50 pages (an extra charge of A$4.00 will apply to each additional 50 pages)
- A$16.50 for books
For items required sooner (shipped within 24 hours). This service will cost:
- A$33.00 for articles
- A$45.40 for books (A$33.00 + express post charge of A$12.40)
For items required urgently (shipped within 2 hours). This service will cost:
- A$49.50 for articles
- A$61.90 for books (A$49.50 + courier charge of A$12.40).
Items can also be requested from overseas sources. Standard costs for international requests are:
- A$25.00 for articles
- A$45.00 for books
Costs may be higher depending on the type of item requested and the associated shipping charges.
Payments are made once the item has arrived and can be made in person at the The Library Shop or by phone if paying by credit card.
- Photocopies of articles become your property.
- Items borrowed from other libraries must be used onsite at the State Library of Queensland.
- When you authorise a State Library officer to obtain material from another library, you become liable for the charges incurred, whether or not you actually use the item.
If you know your copy request is available at one of the following libraries; you can deal directly with that library by clicking on its name
t +61 7 3840 7850
f +61 7 3840 7795
Discover an eclectic range of books, gifts, reproduction prints and more at the Library Shop.