State Library of Queensland free information and research services
The State Library of Queensland boasts a talented staff of topical experts, specialist librarians, researchers and historians. Their combined knowledge, skills and experience are now available to assist with your information enquiries or research needs. Our experienced staff can guide you through the State Library catalogues and eresources, find the answer to a simple enquiry or undertake more detailed research on your behalf.
The State Library of Queensland offers three levels of information and research service dependent on the simplicity of your request and the level of research required to address your specific needs. Ask us is a free service available to all Queensland residents. Ask us terms and conditions.
Ask us instant information (10 minute query)
Suitable for simple enquiries
- Need to know where to find a book or journal?
- Do you have a simple query that one of our experts could find an answer to in 5 or 10 minutes?
- Ask Us and let our librarians find or direct you towards some fast facts or instant information.
Ask us research services (2 hour research)
Suitable for more complex enquiries
- If you're looking for more detailed answers or more in-depth research, our experts will spend up to two hours looking for the answers on your behalf.
- You will receive a response within 10 working days, providing detailed answers, suggested references, copies of resource material and/or recommendations for further investigation.
Ask us appointment service (45 minute consultation)
Suitable for complex subject-specific research or an overview of our catalogues and other resources.
- We can show you the best way to use our catalogue, databases and websites in any subject area.
- If your enquiry is related to a particular subject we can arrange a face-to-face or phone consultation with one of our librarians. They can provide an invaluable understanding of how you can best utilise our specialised collections.
- Librarians are currently available for consultation in the following subject areas:
- Queensland history
- Australian fine arts