State Library of Queensland acknowledges that a vast amount of Queensland’s heritage collection is dispersed throughout the state. The Queensland Memory program of State Library supports the public libraries, Indigenous Knowledge Centres, historical societies, community museums, regional galleries, schools, universities, community spaces, private collectors and businesses throughout Queensland who contribute and connect Queenslanders to this heritage. Join with the individuals and organisations that are connecting to and engaging with Queensland knowledge in diverse ways.
Connecting to content
Through programs, events and resources, State Library advocates for greater access and discoverability, increased awareness and renewed engagement with Queensland's distinctive heritage and cultural knowledge. For an overview check out how SLQ endorses connecting to collections throughout Queensland.
State Library administers a range of blogs, sharing a vast array of knowledge. Queenslanders everywhere are invited to engage with the stories and articles being shared on SLQ’s blog portals.
- SLQ Today features articles on library practice, events, resources and much more;
- John Oxley Library blog features the collections of the John Oxley Library, recently digitised collections and contributions sent in by heritage organisations and followers of the blog;
- Queensland’s WWI Centenary blog features the First World War collections of the John Oxley Library and new research being uncovered during the commemorative period;
- Indigenous languages blog informs communities about the latest resources, research and new information and events;
- Australian Library of Art blog highlights the collections in the Australian Library of Art, signature events and digital collections.
If you are interested in the content featured in the blogs, it is an easy way to stay informed, send in your comments and share your insight.
Queensland Memory enews
Subscribe to receive your e-copy of the Queensland memory bi-monthly e-newsletter and keep in touch with Queensland’s GLAM sector programs, activities, current opportunities and resource information about Queensland’s heritage collections and the organisations who are stewards of the content, including the latest associated with Queensland’s Q ANZAC 100 commemoration updates. Past issues of the enews can be accessed online and everyone is welcome to forward them on to local networks and individuals interested in every aspect of Queensland history.
SLQ’s latest news
For instant updates and access to SLQ’s latest news on events, programs and collections, join SLQ’s “live” social networks. Be part of the conversation wherever you are! There are great things happening and an array of platforms to choose from.
Discover an eclectic range of books, gifts, reproduction prints and more at the Library Shop.