eresources and indexes
eresources free anywhere via the State Library of Queensland website
Useful websites for family historians is a collection of quality websites selected by information professionals for family and local historians. It includes sites from across Australia and overseas. Links to the most important parts of a website are included.
Some State Library indexes are free online:
- Convict transportation registers database (1787-1867)
- Index to appointments and removals of Queensland railway employees (1890-1901)
- Index to appointments and removals of employees of the Southern and Western Railway, Traffic Branch, Queensland (1866-1876)
- Index of miners involved in Queensland mining accidents (1882-1900)
- Index to persons called before Queensland Government Committees, Part 1 (1860-1901)
- Index to persons called before Queensland Government Committees, Part 2 (1902-1920)
- Letters received re Moreton Bay 1822-1860
Material indexed is located on microfilm on Level 3 in the Micrographics Reading Room.
eresources accessible with a library card anywhere
- 19th Century British Newspapers
- Times Digital Archives (London Times newspaper 1785-1985)
eresources accessible and free only onsite at the Library
Subscription eresources that the State Library funds include:
- FindMyPast (Australia, UK, Ireland and USA)
- British Newspapers Archive
Check the One Search online catalogue for specific titles.
Entire document [PDF 740 kb] or select one of the following sections:
- Australia [PDF 200 kb]
- Queensland [PDF 504 kb]
- New South Wales & ACT [PDF 470 kb]
- Victoria & Tasmania [PDF 274 kb]
- South Australia, Western Australia & NT [PDF 255 kb]
- British Isles, England & Wales [PDF 287 kb]
- Ireland & Scotland [PDF 175 kb]
- New Zealand, Rest of Europe & Other Countries [PDF 165 kb]
- Convicts, Military & Miscellaneous [PDF 172 kb]
There are 4 CD-ROM computers in the family history area. A normal search session using a CD-ROM is a half hour time slot, although if no one has booked or is waiting patrons may stay longer.
Other eresources at the State Library
Overview of other State Library eresources that are accessible offsite and onsite.