eresources and indexes
A number of State Library print indexes are available online. Some of these can be found at Useful websites for family historians, a collection of quality websites selected by information professionals for family and local historians.
- Convict transportation registers database (1787-1867)
- Index to appointments and removals of Queensland railway employees (1890 - 1901)
- Index to appointments and removals of employees of the Southern and Western Railway, Traffic Branch, Queensland (1866 - 1876)
- Index of miners involved in Queensland mining accidents (1882 - 1900)
- Index to persons called before Queensland Government Committees - Part 1 (1860 - 1901)
- Index to persons called before Queensland Government Committees - Part 2 (1902 - 1920)
- Letters received re Moreton Bay 1822-1860
eresources which can be accessed at home
19th Century British Newspapers and Times Digital Archives (London Times newspaper 1785-1985) eresources can be accessed on your home computer if you are an library member or a Queensland public library (QPL) account holder.
Entire document [PDF 681 kb] or select one of the following sections:
- Australia [PDF 112 kb]
- Queensland [PDF 200 kb]
- New South Wales & ACT [PDF 200 kb]
- Victoria & Tasmania [PDF 147 kb]
- South Australia, Western Australia & NT [PDF 147 kb]
- British Isles, England & Wales [PDF 151 kb]
- Ireland & Scotland [PDF 123 kb]
- New Zealand, Rest of Europe & Other Countries [PDF 107 kb]
- Convicts, Military & Miscellaneous [PDF 107 kb]
There are 4 CD-ROM computers in the family history area. A normal search session using a CD-ROM is a half hour time slot, although if no one has booked or is waiting patrons may stay longer.