State Library of Queensland offers a range of resources across all major business areas including industry and product information, commerce, statistics, banking, insurance, economics, finance, investment, marketing, and more. Resources include books and reference works, magazines and newspapers, indexes and full-text databases.
SLQ’s Business Studio is a useful resource to support entrepreneurs and start-ups to make their innovative business ideas a reality.
Discover a range of business resources here in this online hub that will assist in planning and research and gain the knowledge to successfully launch and grow a business with access to SLQ’s business resources and external resources.
Learn more about the Business Studio
Business Studio Online HubThe Business Studio Online Hub provides access to a range of online resources to help you with your business needs.
Visit the Online Hub
Information available in the online hub includes:
Before you start a business
- Business checklists
- Where to find advice and support
- Obtaining finance
When you start a business
- Registrations and licenses
- Protecting intellectual property
- Home-based / online business solutions
- Tax obligations
- Legal requirements
- Standards and codes of practice
- Record keeping and accounting systems
- Corporate governance
- Employing staff
- Grants and financial assistance
Buying a business
- Buying an established business
Running your business
- Ongoing employer obligations
- Workplace health and safety
- Exporting and importing
- Preparing for an emergency
Keep up-to-date online
Monday to Friday, 9am–5pm
Discover an eclectic range of books, gifts, reproduction prints and more at the Library Shop.