Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander language websites
The following list is a selection of websites that relate to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander languages and are useful starting points for schools, communities, Indigenous Knowledge Centres (IKCs) and Public Libraries.
- Aboriginal Languages of Australia Virtual Library: www.dnathan.com/VL/austLang.htm
- Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies (AIATSIS): www.aiatsis.gov.au
- AusAnthrop Database on Aboriginal Languages: http://ourlanguages.org.au/category/resources/
- AUSTLANG Indigenous Languages Database: http://austlang.aiatsis.gov.au/disclaimer.php
- Muurrbay Aboriginal Language and Culture Co-operative: www.muurrbay.org.au/
- Ngapartji Ngapartji Project: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCn-pezm0SA
- North Queensland Regional Languages Centre: www.nqraclc.com.au/
- Our Languages: www.ourlanguages.net.au
- Pacific and Regional Archive for Digital Sources in Indigenous Cultures (PARADISEC): http://paradisec.org.au/
- Pama Language Centre (Cape York): www.pamalanguagecentre.org.au
- Queensland Curriculum and Assessment Authority – Indigenous Perspectives: https://www.qcaa.qld.edu.au/k-12-policies/aboriginal-torres-strait-islander-perspectives
- SIL International: www.sil.org
- South Australian Museum: Norman B. Tindale: http://www.samuseum.sa.gov.au/collections/information-resources/archives-search
- Victorian Aboriginal Corporation for Languages: www.vaclang.org.au/
- Yugambeh Museum, Language and Heritage Research Centre www.yugambeh.com
- Yuwaalaraay Language Program (Walgett) Website www.yuwaalaraay.org
For further information on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander languages at SLQ, please contact:
kuril dhagun, State Library of Queensland
Stanley Place, South Brisbane Qld, 4101.
PO Box 3488, South Brisbane Qld, 4101.
t: (07) 3842 9836 f: (07) 3842 9893
Discover an eclectic range of books, gifts, reproduction prints and more at the Library Shop.