Supporting the Queensland Library Foundation
The vision and commitment of our early supporters created the funding base which provides the State Library of Queensland with the investment of a healthy annual gift.
The State Library has a diverse range of giving programs:
The Partners of the State Library make a significant contribution to collection development by:
- helping financially whenever there is a need to raise funds immediately, for example, at auction
- acting as ambassadors for the State Library of Queensland within their respective areas of influence in the wider community.
A bequest to State Library is a lasting and meaningful gift that can make a difference to all Queenslanders. Your gift to the Sir Leo Heilscher Bequest Program can help support education, access to library programs, conservation, multimedia, outreach programs and Indigenous projects.
Your funds will help to grow our capital base providing a return on investment. It will be used to fund urgent and compelling projects each year.
The State Library of Queensland has a wide variety of benefits available to meet your company's corporate and social investment goals.
All corporate partnerships are conducted through the Foundation, so please call the Foundation to discuss your organisation's individual requirements.
The Queensland Library Foundation is committed to supporting the varied collections and programs State Library has to offer. It does this through the generous support of community members just like you. All donations are tax deductible and will go towards helping State Library memory initiatives.
Such support has enabled us to
- Purchase items such as a first edition of Captain James Cook's discovery of the Queensland Coast, and significant artworks such as the William Robinson Ekka Series 1–20.
- Provide research fellowships that enhance understanding of Queensland memory.
- Digitise Queensland's metropolitan and regional newspapers, family papers and photographs.
- Tour key collection items and exhibitions throughout regional Queensland.
Please visit the individual giving form to donate.
Have you ever considered donating an item to the State Library of Queensland? Not sure about the tax implications or even where to start?
The Cultural Gifts program is the answer. The program encourages gifts of culturally significant items from private collections to public art galleries, museums, libraries and archives. Gifts can range from paintings, books, sculptures, manuscripts and personal papers to jewellery, ceramics, technological, mechanical, scientific and social history collections.
The tax incentives are:
- gifts are exempt from capital gains tax
- donors can elect to spread the deduction over up to five income years
- the market value of the gift is generally tax deductible
Thank you for choosing to support us.