Information and Engagement
The portfolio reflects an emphasis on innovative, cohesive and collaborative programs and service delivery. It has a key role in developing and nurturing partnerships that will assist State Library to achieve its mission, and improve access to library services for all Queenslanders in the context of our contemporary digital society. Engagement and Partnerships is responsible for creating connections between State Library and the people, businesses and organisations of Queensland.
The portfolio brings together visitor and information services, and engagement with community via a diverse array of public programming and partnership activities. This includes regional programs, touring exhibitions and online engagement. Information and Engagement is also responsible for providing a welcoming atmosphere for visitors to State Library, and providing assistance for people looking for information and research services onsite or online.
Information and Engagement plays a key role in driving State Library’s commitment to Aboriginal Peoples and Torres Strait Islanders; in reconciliation, engagement, community connection, and showcasing and sharing knowledge, ideas and experiences about Indigenous culture and heritage.
The Information and Engagement portfolio comprises:
- GRAIL - Government Research and Information Library
- Community Connections Branch including the Strategic Engagement team, the Reading and Writing team, the kuril dhagun team, the APDL team and the Exhibition team/
- Commercial Services Branch including the Library Shop, Venues and Events, and Technical Production services.
- The Edge – creatively engaging with young people across science, art, technology and enterprise
- Visitor and Information Services Branch including the Client Experience team and the Schools Engagement team
GRAIL provides a range of research and library services and resources to support the business requirements of selected agencies of the Queensland Government.
To find out more, please contact GRAIL:
Phone: +61 7 3842 9660
If you require due diligence searching please contact GRAIL service for a copy of the schedule.
Discover an eclectic range of books, gifts, reproduction prints and more at the Library Shop.