Engagement and Partnerships
The program reflects an emphasis on innovative, cohesive and collaborative programs and service delivery. It has a key role in developing and nurturing partnerships that will assist State Library to achieve its mission, and improve access to library services for all Queenslanders in the context of our contemporary digital society. Engagement and Partnerships is responsible for creating connections between State Library and the people, businesses and organisations of Queensland.
The program brings together visitor and information services, and engagement with community via a diverse array of public programming and partnership activities. This includes regional programs, touring exhibitions and online engagement. Engagement and Partnerships is also responsible for providing a welcoming atmosphere for visitors to State Library, and providing assistance for people looking for information and research services onsite or online.
Engagement and Partnerships plays a key role in driving State Library’s commitment to Aboriginal Peoples and Torres Strait Islanders; in reconciliation, engagement, community connection, and showcasing and sharing knowledge, ideas and experiences about Indigenous culture and heritage.
The Engagement and Partnerships portfolio comprises:
- GRAIL - Government Research and Information Library
- kuril dhagun - connecting to Indigenous information, knowledge, culture, and each other
- Learning and Participation – learning and participation programs, exhibitions and events, and venue hire
- Partnerships – developing and nurturing partnerships with people, businesses and organisations
- Reading, Writing and Ideas – State of Writing (including the Black & Write! initiative), and partnering with key industry organisations such as the Brisbane Writers Festival, the Queensland Writers Centre
- The Edge – creatively engaging with young people across science, art, technology and enterprise
- Visitor Experience (including the Asia Pacific Design Library and Library Bookshop) – responsible for amenity, service and experience for visitors to State Library
GRAIL provides a range of research and library services and resources to support the business requirements of selected agencies of the Queensland Government.
To find out more, please contact GRAIL:
Phone: +61 7 3842 9660
If you require due diligence searching please contact GRAIL service for a copy of the schedule.
Discover an eclectic range of books, gifts, reproduction prints and more at the Library Shop.