Indigenous Advisory Group
The Indigenous Advisory Group (IAG) acts as an independent advisory group to the Library Board of Queensland (LBQ) to support the achievement of a guiding principle in the Libraries Act 1988 that respect for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures are affirmed.
The IAG provides advice to the Board on the development of library services for Aboriginal people and Torres Strait Islander peoples, including the ongoing collection of material and information relating to Aboriginal peoples and Torres Strait Islander peoples and ensuring that access to this material is undertaken in a culturally sensitive, inclusive and appropriate manner as outlined in the State Library of Queensland (SLQ) Protocols for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Collections.
- Dr Sandra Phillips – Member, Library Board of Queensland (Chair)
- Dr Anita Heiss – Member, Library Board of Queensland
- Alana Harris, Senior Photographer, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies (AIATSIS)
- Helena Wright, Deputy Director-General Culture & Economic Participation, Department of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Partnerships (DATSIP)
- Rhianna Patrick, Presenter, ABC Radio
- Ruth Link, Senior Manager, Portfolio & Program Management Advisory & Indigenous Sector Practice, Ernst & Young
- Michael Aird, Research Fellow School of Social Science, The University of Queensland
- Warren Collins, Chief Executive Officer, Cherbourg Aboriginal Shire Council
- Ms Vicki McDonald, State Librarian and Chief Executive Officer, State Library of Queensland
Terms of Reference
Discover an eclectic range of books, gifts, reproduction prints and more at the Library Shop.